Saturday, May 24, 2014

Night Sky in Rexburg

Last night Jonathan and I went out to view a meteor shower that has never been seen before. We packed our stuff and headed out into the country around 12:30 at night. I was worried that we would not be able to see anything because earlier in the day it was completely overcast. However we got lucky and there were only a few clouds in the sky.

We parked on the side of a country road and looked up at the sky. There were lots of stars out, and I thought this would be a great opportunity to practice my night photography. After fumbling in the dark to get everything set up, I was able to get some pretty neat shots. We were out there for about two hours, and we only saw one meteor. It was a huge one though! I didn't capture it on camera but it was big and orange.

Here are some of the photos I took of the stars.(click on the photo for a larger view)








No comments:

Post a Comment